Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Some NBA Ish

- Damon Stoudamire says he wants out of Memphis. I don't blame him. With Mike Conley, Jr. destined to be the Grizz starting pg and Kyle Lowry still around, Mighty Mouse's minutes will stay getting eaten up. I say he works out a buyout and take the next plane to Boston.

- In an effort to prove me wrong, Kevin Durant didn't make the last cut for the U.S. Men's National Team. I thought his versatility and shooting would help, but what do I know? Coach K knows way more about fielding underachieving teams than I do.

- Richard Jefferson donated some big money to the University of Arizona. And former teammate Gilbert Arenas is not impressed. Gil sounds like he's hating here. If I was RJ, I'd tell him that I don't go back and forth with gunners who haven't made it past the second round.

- And finally, wouldn't it be funny if David Stern was fired? I'm sure Suns fans would be elated. Real talk, I'm a little concerned that the NBA won't deny that they had prior knowledge of a ref gambling on games. Wouldn't you be?

And I figured I'd throw my two cents in on the whole Michael Vick saga. Me personally, I thought Vick would take it to trial. But I guess the fact that your three co-defendants basically sold you out for less time makes it harder to win a federal case that was originally meant to bring you down above all. As I mentioned in my previous post, I hope this serves as a lesson for the next athlete that you can be loyal; you can even be loyal to a fault sometimes; but you can't be loyal to the fact that you could go to jail and lose a big part of your career (not to mention a lot of money).

1 comment:

Don said...

Hopefully, this will have made Vick a better person when its all said and done.

I'm wondering what his sentence will be as opposed to his co-defendants.

Will they make an example out of Vick? Stay tuned.